Thursday, August 2, 2007

Today we watched some home videos from 2003/4 when the kids were 6 1/2, 5, and 3. Oh man, that took me back. It was sooo darn cute. I just kept cracking up. In one part all the kids were riding their bikes and Lily was riding this little Bigwheely type thing where the seat had a lid that lifted so you could put stuff in it. On the video you hear me ask her, "What's in your seat?" She turned around and grabbed a snake out of the seat. She held it up all proud and was giving it kisses. I had totally forgotten about that. She used to put garter snakes everywhere - even in her pockets. We have her on video on the swingset and she is swinging away and then she stops and takes this snake out of the front pocket of her overalls. Too funny!!!! Lily is and was fearless!

I think the funniest part was where Lily asks me to put in her Spanish game on the computer. I asked her if she could say some words in Spanish and instead she said her numbers in Spanish. I asked her if she could say them in English and she looks in the camera and says, "I don't know English!" I busted up on that one.

There were so many awesome reminders on there - like Mo "breakdancing" and Kelvey (at just turned seven) telling me about her favorite books - Little Women and Moby Dick. Then there was wrestling with Dad and watching their homeschool choir performance. Man, it just reminded me again of the precious blessings my children are from the Lord. It is truly my honor and pleasure to be their mother.

No comments: