Oh joy, I got to take Lily for her Lupron shot again today. This is the third month having them and the third hysterical fear-induced drama I've had to suffer through. She talks about being so brave and how she won't have trouble this time and then she sees the needle and literally flips out. "No mommy, I'm not ready, no mommy - please don't!" It is the saddest thing because she really is just terrified - it's not that she is trying to be obstinate. For the third time - the nurses and I have had to literally hold her down while she begs me not to let them give the shot to her. Then she feels terrible afterwards because she was so afraid. Ok - the needle is about 5 inches long and it does have to go into her thigh muscle - so it does hurt but Kelvey never had this trouble. Kelvey is fine now, but once-upon-a-time she was my little three year old (yes, all of three) that screamed at the lady taking her blood that she was going to call the police and have her thrown in jail. Now that WAS embarrassing! Kids, you gotta love 'em! :)
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment