Sunday, July 22, 2007

At last....





Well, here I am again - although all you 9 people who actually read my blog may have thought I had fallen off the edge of the planet. No, just getting used to a new schedule because I'm working part-time at Pleasant Hill Public Library three nights a week. I really do love it there - the staff is awesome and I've always been a library person. The only problem is - now, I have a list a mile long of books I want to read and many of them are in my bedroom. Piles and stacks - ya gotta love it! :)


Right now, I'm reading about four different authors - Harlan Coben, Dave Baldacchi, a kid's series by Frank Peretti that I'm checking out, and this book that Dr. Laura Schlessinger (ok - I don't have any great love for her - just thought the title was intriguing) that's called - Parenting by Proxy: Don't Have Them If You Don't Want to Raise Them. Holy smokes - this book and I are on the same wavelength entirely. Besides arguing against letting your kids be raised by daycares she also makes an excellent/logical/cohesive argument against this whole new trend of women purposefully having kids without fathers. I think kids should get sent home from the hospital with this book. Ok - obviously I could go on and on about this but anyway - that's what I'm reading - of course, along with every new Christian fiction book I can get my hands on. :)


The kids have all gone to camp now and so things are winding down with summer activities. Now we are just kicking back and enjoying. Morgan went to Wilderness camp this year and it is essentially what it sounds like. Around 20 boys out in a tent in the woods - they took their first showers right before Moms and Dads came to pick them up. :) I can't go two days without a shower but Mo was in 7th heaven - definitely a boy thing. Lily went to "big girl" camp this year and it was her first year in the cabins. She was totally psyched about that and had a fantastic time. Kelvey went to English horse camp and learned all about riding a horse while speaking with an accent - ok, not really, but she did learn some cool things like posting. She had an amazing time and loved that the week's speaker was Josh Denhart, our children's pastor. She really likes him and I think he does a really good job of communicating about Christ.


Oh, I forgot my big news - I AM OFFICIALLY A GRADUATE!!!!! Yes!!!! I walked in the Drake spring commencement and even have the pictures to prove it. I had an awesome time and it felt sooooo good!!!! What a blessing!


Later,


Cheryl :)


No comments: